The qualifying round came to an end In the ongoing 1st masters snooker national championship 2017 held in Chennai. Bharath(TN), E. Sivakumar(TN), Nelson(TN), Mohamed Arshad(Ker), R S Krishnan(TN) and Gajendran(TN)qualified to the league stage. The league stage is set to begin from today in The Tamil Nadu Billiards and Snooker Association (TNBSA) and Suguna Vilasa Sabha (SVS).
Former National champion Alok Kumar, Asian Gold medalist Rafat Habib, former national champion Shyam Jagtiani and S A Saleem of Tamil Nadu will be seen in action among the 40 cueists. The league stage will be played in a best of 5 frames format till the semi finals.
- Mothinath bt Vijaykumar 3-2 (46-34;35-60;51-27;45-61;60-2),
- Sivakumar bt A K Ahmed 3-0(53-31;48-40;72-30),
- Nelson bt Natarajan 3-0(56-22;85-28;43-10),
- R S Krishna bt George Selvakumar 3-1(65-23;18-51;73-46;68-14),
- E Sivakumar bt Syed Ejaz 3-0(47-27;55-22;63-9),
- MD Arshad bt Anthony 3-1(58-31;31-65;58-28;70-48),
- Bharath bt R Natrajan (Natrajan conceded the match) and Gajendran bt Mothinath 3-0(72-1;68-10;67-26).