D Bhuvaneswaran whitewashed S A Saleem 3-0 in the quarterfinals of the ongoing national snooker masters championship held in Chennai. Saleem wasn’t able to carry forward the momentum he had in the league stage and Bhuvaneswaran capitalised on the chances he got.
Former national champion Alok Kumar comfortably sailed into the quarter finals as he defeated N Srinivas 3-0 in the pre quarters. Former Asian gold medallist Rafath Habib too made it to the quarters as he knocked out Dhruv Agarwal 3-0.
Chirag Ramakrishan stunned the local favourite Prem Prakash by defeating him by 3-1. Chirag made a break of 64 in the match and comfortably made it to the quarters. Joy Mehra too defeated the local master Nadeem Ahmed 3-1 and entered the next round.
Former national champion Siddharth Rao entered the next round as he defeated Thirumurugan 3-1. Former national champion Shyam Jagtiani cruised into the quarter final as he defeated Rajesh Tulshian 3-1. Manu Dev defeated L Nagaraj in the deciding frame 3-2 to make it to the quarters.
In the quarter final, Alok Kumar bt Siddharth Rao 3-1. Although Rao made a break of 68 and posed a good fight to Alok, he was not able to reach the winning mark as he lost out on a crucial snooker made by Alok. In another quarterfinal match, Chirag Ramakrishnan bt Joy Mehra 3-0 and cruised to the semi finals comfortably.
- Alok Kumar(PSPB) bt N Srinivas(TN) 3-0(78(56)-1;76-30;63-28),
- Siddharth Rao(TN) bt Thirumurugan(TN) 3-1(65-14;66-59;39-58;59-51),
- D Bhuvaneswaran(TN) bt S A Saleem(TN) 3-0( 58-49;64-9;72-13),
- Chirag Ramakrishnan(MH) bt Prem Prakash(TN) 3-1(77(64)-24;53-47;20-57;57-17),
- Joy Mehra(PUN) bt Nadeem Ahmed(TN) 3-1(69-45;35-49;59-57;58-38),
- Rafath Habib(RSPB) bt Dhruv Agarwal(WB) 3-0(54-23;74-42;54-40),
- Shyam Jagtiani(WB) bt Rajesh Tulshian(70-19;56-37;42-57;76-34),
- Manu Dev(KAR) bt L Nagaraj(KAR) 3-2(84-10;30-55;62-50;06-47;55-35).
- Alok Kumar bt Siddharth Rao 3-1(105-45;0-72(68);70-32;100-72),
- Chirag Ramakrishnan bt Joy Mehra 3-0(48-35;54-42;63-25).